Jul 8, 2009

Michael Jackson R.I.P.



The overflow of bad media about MJ the last years have made me subconsciously become negative towards anything related to him. It was not until recently that I took a conscious effort to rationalize this developing attitude. So about 4 weeks ago I rented the film, Mister Lonely. Mr. Lonely is about a man who impersonates Michael Jackson post surgery. The only thing is that this man (played by Diego Luna) truly believes that he is Michael Jackson. Diego Luna was perfect in it and resembles MJ in every way. When not performing he is a shy, thankful and private man. 3 weeks after I watched this I heard that Michael Jackson had died, I had to ask myself if this sudden urge to understand M.J. was coincidence or not.

So as I've been flooded with top 40 music videos in remembrance of him, one brought back my first experience of the pop king when I was around 5 or 6 years old. This was during my obsession of anything marine-like so I naturally fell in love with Free Willy. And at the very end of the Free Willy Michael Jackson randomly starts singing with his usual white button-up shirt blowing in the wind. Of course being young...I then became a Michael Jackson fan.

No comments: