Dec 5, 2009

Unlikely Collaboration



















Ryan Gosling is always doing something completely opposite that anyone would ever consider doing with his charming looks and talent. That's why I have chosen him as the monthly swoon.

No one expected him to collaborate with L.A. Inner Mass Choir and The Silverlake Conservatory of Music Children's Choir and come out with the album called, Dead Man's Bones. Some of you may know that this choir group is also infamous for being featured in "Another Brick In The Wall" by Pink Floyd.

The music is actually really soothing with a folk sound to it, but can also be played in the background during a Halloween party. Well what could you expect when their inspiration came from Disney haunted mansion? The idea to start the band in the first place was initially for a film, but the thing took off into a full-fledged album.

My favorite is Ryan's obvious piano skills. Also the live sound of the band just gives the rumble of the piano an extra flare in the song, "Buried in Water". The song "Pa Pa Power"is something that could go next to the genius' of The Yeah Yeah Yeahs when they collaborated with Spike Jonze for 'Where the Wild Things Are'. And I know I shouldn't love a song sung by a children's choir titled "My Bodies A Zombie For You" , but I find it has a lovely melody. Like everything else, its available on iTunes. I know it's past Halloween, but I'm sure anyone can get in the spirit anytime of the year. I know I can.

No comments: