May 11, 2009

Skipping Stones

Many people who know me, know that I have this warm place in my heart for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Yes, I know. While other girls obsessed over Barbie I was glued to anything having to do with the 'ORIGINAL' TMNT, none of that CGI shit. I had every merchandise possible of the ninja turtles and even went as far as getting a pet turtle that I kept in a small plastic baby pool in my backyard. A couple months after getting it my father pulled me aside and told me that Raphael (What I named him) had become quote...WILD and has run away into the woods. I bought this story and later learned that my dad used it as a cover for its sudden ascent to turtle heaven.

After this I learned that there was a live musical version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on television. So I begged my dad to tape it and watched it till it could not be watched anymore. After all these years I still seem to remember Neil Diamond dressed in a giant rat suit as Splinter singing "skipping stones." Of course with the help of youtube I have managed to find that very cheesy moment. Enjoy...

No comments: