I have always dreamed of going to the magnificent Shangri-La temples of the Himalayans, which are compared to the Garden of Eden *whatever that means* So until I actually have the time and money to go to the real Shangri-Las I will have to settle with my artistic work space. So to help those of you who don't have the perfectly crafted workspace of your own I'll give you some advice on doing so:
1. Pick the room: remove all standard furniture and telephones. Put a sign on the door that says, "Renaissance Room."
2. Lighting: natural lighting is best, so have lots of windows. Replace flouro lights with U.V. radiation-protected full-spectrum flouros, halogen lamps, or incandescent lamps.3. Sound: Install a good quality stereo system and play jazz or classical music during brainstorming and breaks.
4. Aesthetics: Hang inspiration art on the walls. Change it up now and then to keep it fresh. Bring in living plants.
5. Furniture/Equipment: bring in comfortable couch, chairs, overstuffed floor cushions, or a hammock. Get a wall-size dry erase board .
6. Feng Shui: Arrange furniture.
7. Air: Make sure air is not stuffy. Add aroma- incense or essential oils.